NewsSee more news ›
Victorians will go to the polls on 29 November 2014 to elect the 58th Parliament of Victoria. The VHA policy booklet entitled Rethinking our health system outlines 12 policy priorities for action by the next Victorian Government.
These priorities are organised under three key themes to: provide more equitable access to healthcare; empower health services to make the best decisions for their communities; ensure health services are adquately resourced to fulfil their responsibilities.
Download Rethinking our health system
Nominations are called for vacant positions on the VHA Board of Directors. Nominations must be received at the VHA office by 5pm on Monday 1 September 2014.
The election and AGM will take place at 9am on Friday 10 October as part of the VHA's annual conference.
The VHA has responded to a consultation paper from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) entitled 'Exploring Healthcare Variation in Australia: Analyses Resulting from an OECD Study'.
The ACSQHC paper analyses the variation of certain conditions and interventions for selected Medicare Local catchments. The conditions and interventions include admissions for hip fractures and knee replacements, and hysterectomy rates for an aged and gender-adjusted population. Variation was found across all areas.
Our Annual Awards recognise outstanding contributions in Victorian public healthcare.
The awards profile initiatives that have challenged an accepted norm to improve the health outcomes for a population or patient cohort in the past 18 months.
The 2014 awards will be presented at the VHA annual conference on 9 October and nominations close on 22 August.
Information and communication technology (ICT) is a crucial enabler for the health system to respond to increasing demand in an environment of fiscal constraint. Interoperability between health service information systems is a key VHA priority for the forthcoming Victorian election to:
• fast-track implementation of the electronic medical record
• adapt legacy systems to ensure they are interoperable
• expand the use of telehealth to improve access to specialised services.
Policy & PublicationsView all ›
- Service Reform
- Population Health
- National Health Reform
- Information Management
- Rethinking our health system31 Jul 2014
- VHA Board of Directors call for nominations31 Jul 2014
- New VHA Chair and Deputy Chair appointed28 Jul 2014
- IHPA Pricing Framework for Public Hospitals 2015-1625 Jul 2014
- Exploring Healthcare Variation in Australia21 Jul 2014
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme30 Jun 2014
- VHA Annual Awards 201426 Jun 2014
- Plan Melbourne: VHA analysis24 Jun 2014