NewsSee more news ›
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) has released the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2014-15. This document provides the key principles, scope and approach to be adopted by IHPA in pricing public hospital services from 1 July 2014.
The VHA sent a submission to IHPA on behalf of our members in July this year. The 2014-15 Pricing Framework supports many of the views in our submission, which is referenced in the IHPA document.
IHPA will release a discussion paper on options for incorporating safety and quality into public hospital pricing in early 2014.
The results of clinical governance research conducted by Melbourne University and jointly funded by the VHA and the VMIA have been published by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The research paper entitled ‘The role of boards in clinical governance: activities and attitudes among members of public health service boards in Victoria’ is published in the AHHA’s Australian Health Review (AHR) volume 37 no 5.
The research investigated the attitudes of board members from 82 Victorian health service boards in relation to quality and safety of care.
Western District Health Service (WDHS) has won the VHA's 2013 Annual Award for telehealth services in oncology, urology and pain management.
WDHS has also won our inaugural Member’s Choice Award, voted for by delegates at the annual conference Celebrating 75 years: Meeting the challenges ahead.
These awards recognise outstanding health service initiatives that challenge existing norms in service provision to deliver improved patient outcomes.
Congratulations to all entrants in our 2013 Annual Awards, particularly the following finalists:
- Gippsland Lakes Community Health Active Lorikeets program, providing allied healthcare for preschoolers with speech and fine motor difficulties
- Nillumbik Health planned activity group for people aged under 65 with early onset dementia
- The Royal Women’s Hospital caseload (one-to-one) midwifery model for expectant mothers aged 13-19
- Ovens and King Community Health Service continence self-management program
Policy & PublicationsView all ›
- Service Reform
- Population Health
- National Health Reform
- Information Management
- Plan Melbourne06 Dec 2013
- Training and Development Grant04 Dec 2013
- Government Withdraws Changes to Education Deductions and FBT on Cars12 Nov 2013
- Clinical Mental Health Service Catchment Consultation01 Nov 2013
- Ministerial Review of Victorian Health Sector ICT31 Oct 2013
- Update to Rotary Wing Air Transport Fee Increase, and Review of Funding Model for Ambulance Services31 Oct 2013
- VHA Board of Directors Election Update21 Oct 2013
- Health Matters October 2013 01 Oct 2013